Upcoming Event: “Smart Community Summit 2016”
－Providing Perspectives on Challenges Facing Electrical Utility Businesses and Smart Community-based Solutions－
May 13, 2016
New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO)
NEDO, in collaboration with Japan Smart Community Alliance (JSCA), will host “Smart Community Summit 2016” at Tokyo Big Sight (Tokyo International Exhibition Center) on June 15 and 16.
The summit will provide future perspectives on challenges and solutions responding to the recent changes in business models of power industry including the deregulation of the electricity market, through presentations and panel discussions by experts from Japan and overseas. In addition to introducing advanced demonstration projects conducted in and outside Japan, there will be an exchange of opinions and information on smart community-related issues from a variety of viewpoints such as business and technology.
In addition, there will be a NEDO booth at the exhibition titled “Smart Community Japan 2016” which will be held simultaneously, where NEDO will provide information for public regarding its demonstration projects on smart community implemented outside Japan.
1. “Smart Community Summit 2016” Event Overview
- Title: Smart Community Summit 2016
- Dates: June 15, 2016 (Wednesday) to June 16, 2016 (Thursday)
- Venue: Tokyo Big Sight (Tokyo International Exhibition Center) Conference Tower Reception Hall A
- Organizers: New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO) and Japan Smart Community Alliance (JSCA)
- Registration Fee: Free
- Registration Website: http://biz.nikkan.co.jp/eve/smart/sympo.html#summit1 (in Japanese)
http://biz.nikkan.co.jp/eve/smart/english/summit.html (in English)
2. Exhibition Participation (NEDO Booth Overview)
- Title: Smart Community Japan 2016
- Dates: June 15, 2016 (Wednesday) to June 17, 2016 (Friday)
- Venue: Tokyo Big Sight (Tokyo International Exhibition Center) East Halls 2 and 3
NEDO Booth Number: East Hall 2, SC1-02
- Admission: Free
- Official Website: http://biz.nikkan.co.jp/eve/smart/ (in Japanese)
http://biz.nikkan.co.jp/eve/smart/english/ (in English)
At “Smart Community Japan 2016,” NEDO will provide information regarding the latest progress and achievements of its international smart community demonstration projects in an accessible way using touch panels and actual equipment from the projects. In addition, a presentation booth will be set up in the exhibition hall, where NEDO plans to introduce its world-leading activities.
3. Contact Information
(Regarding This News Release)
NEDO Smart Community Department
Contact Persons: Terakado, Kondo, Suzuki