Advancement of Hydrogen Technologies and Utilization Project
With a long-term view toward 2040 and beyond, the goal of this project is to establish new carbon-free energy options such as hydrogen. More specifically, the point of the project is to focus on advanced research and development of technologies in areas such as: high-efficiency/low-cost hydrogen production from renewable energy, long-distance transportation of hydrogen, energy carriers that facilitate long-term storage of hydrogen, and large-scale utilization of hydrogen.
Specific research and development areas include:
- (1) Research and development on basic technology to enhance water-electrolysis hydrogen-production technology
- (2) Research and development on large-scale hydrogen utilization technology
- (3) Research and development on basic technology for ultrahigh-efficiency power generation systems
- (4) Surveys and research on energy-carrier systems
- (5) Surveys on hydrogen-production technology that does not emit carbon dioxide such as technology utilizing hydrocarbons.
|Department in charge||