Obtaining personal information
The New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (hereinafter referred to as “NEDO”) may obtain personally identifiable information through services (such as E-mail distribution, registration, receipt of inquiries, and requests for printed materials) provided at this NEDO Website (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”). NEDO will, when obtaining said information, clarify the purpose of use thereof and handle the information appropriately within the scope of that purpose.
The personal information of users, such as the following, is necessary to provide each of the Website’s services:
- Name and gender
- Name of organization
- Division and title
- Address and postal code
- Telephone and fax number
- E-mail address
- Other items indispensable for the provision of services
Scope of use of personal information
The personal information provided (or registered) by users will be used within the scope of the purpose of use specified in advance and will in no event be provided to any third party other than NEDO, except in cases where:
- provision thereof is required by laws and regulations;
- it should be disclosed to the public and NEDO obtains the consent of the user in question; or
- it is provided within the scope of the purpose of use to any business consignee which has entered into a confidentiality agreement with NEDO.
Scope and purpose of use of collected information
NEDO automatically collects internet domain names, IP addresses, site search query information, and other information related to website visits (access logs). Such information is used for statistical analyses of website access trends and other purposes, and these results are used as a reference for future website management.
Personal information management
NEDO will strictly manage the personal information obtained on the Website and take necessary measures to prevent risks such as loss, leakage, abuse, or falsification of or unauthorized access to the personal information.
EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The General Data Projection Regulation (GDPR) came into force on May 25, 2018. For residents in the European Economic Area (EEA), which includes all EU member states, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway, please be advised as follows:
- Personal data obtained through this website will be used only for the purpose specified when it is collected.
- Collected user personal data will be stored in servers installed by NEDO in Japan. Although Japan has not been recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection, NEDO will manage user personal data appropriately.
- Users of this website who have provided personal data may request access to their personal data for the purpose of confirmation of the accuracy of such data and rectification of any inaccuracy or the purpose of restriction of processing of personal data in order to verify the accuracy of such data. Users have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the EEA if they consider that processing of personal data relating to them infringes GDPR.
Public Relations Department, NEDO
Last Updated : March 30, 2020