NEDO Chairman Meets German Ambassador
March 9, 2022
On March 4, 2022, NEDO Chairman ISHIZUKA Hiroaki met the German Ambassador to Japan, Dr. Clemens von Goetze.
During the meeting, Chairman Ishizuka and other NEDO representatives described NEDO’s role in Japan’s green innovation strategy and provided information regarding Japan's hydrogen energy development strategy. In response, Ambassador von Goetze summarized relevant G7 priorities since Germany assumed the G7 Presidency in January 2022.
After their presentations, the two sides discussed potential opportunities for future bilateral cooperation in technology research and development.
- Embassy of Germany participants:
- Dr. Clemens von Goetze, Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Germany to Japan
- OISHI Shikibu, Senior Advisor for Environment and Energy
- SAWA Akiko, Interpreter
- NEDO participants:
- ISHIZUKA Hiroaki, Chairman
- WADA Takashi, Executive Director
- OHIRA Eiji, Director General, Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Technology Office, Smart Community and Energy Systems Department
- HIRAI Yutaka, Director General, International Affairs Department, KONYA Nobuhiko, Technical Researcher, International Affairs Department